400+ retailers reveal predictions for Black Friday and beyond in this infographic…
With Q4 just around the corner, this infographic summarises the key findings from our recent retail research: The Shape of Peak to Come. The research focused on understanding what retailers are expecting this peak season, what they’re planning, and how they are preparing. The results give a fascinating insight into how Black Friday and the holiday shopping season is evolving, and the key trends to look for heading into 2020.
Some of the key findings include:
- Despite a challenging 2018, there is a high level of optimism when it comes to Black Friday and the holiday shopping season as a whole – retailers are predicting a 28% Year-on-Year revenue growth.
- Pure-play e-commerce retailers are the most likely to opt-out of Black Friday all together, with 1 in 5 giving the discount day a miss.
- Black Friday – the first ‘peak within peak’ – is no longer a one-day event. Only 15% are treating it as such. When it comes to participation, online-only retailers are the most likely to opt out, with 1 in 5 choosing not to take part this year.
- While it’s a given that Black Friday is all about discounts, this approach holds throughout the holiday season, with 84.8% planning to offer discounts.
- As well as giving Black Friday a miss, pure-play e-commerce retailers were also the most likely to run discounts across longer periods. This seems to have led towards a greater focus on acquiring and retaining customers throughout peak, with website personalization their top-rated method for doing so.
Check out the infographic below for more Black Friday and Holiday Shopping insights, or download the full report here.